Mid-term, weather and the rest
This week has been really hectic. I had one mid-term and I also finished one presentation the day after the mid-term. Next week there is more on the plate, I have to finish video taping my teaching session and a few assignments to complete. But the worst is over! When you haven't been studying for such a long time sitting for exams can get quite scary because you don't know if you can still do it. It was alright though, the instructor gave us a study guide and it was almost word for word what she said would be out. Even though I don't know my marks, I am pretty sure it's not horrible. :-)
The weather though, has been really horrible. It was projected to snow this weekend, something I am crossing my finger wont' happen! I'll just be sensible though next week and put on my scarf, my coat and my gloves. But not the woolly hat, that would just be too much don't you think? :-P (plus, I think I will look ridiculous!).I also had a nice conversation with a classmate yesterday. He told me that the rest thought I was 'precise' and 'analytical' and he also mentioned "we were worried that you thought we were a disorganized bunch of clowns!". Wasn't that the nicest thing to say? He he he he. I didn't expect that though. I guess sometimes our perceptions for other people can be totally the opposite of what we are thinking. I am sure they thought I was also quiet and proper, which I am totally not! He he he. As I am gradually getting to know my classmates, I am also shedding some of my stereotype that I might have had. :-)
This weekend though I don't want to think about school, I just wanted to relax. Aside from watching some trashy telly (yeay reality TV!), Joey took us to a Lowe's (something like Home Depot) and we got some house plants and other house stuff. The apartment looks really cozy now, especially the living room. We also got some new curtains to put over the blinds, but the stick that was supposed to hold up the curtains was too long so we have to buy another one. Other than that, me and Sad has been meaning to watch the Vampire's Assistant soon, but the cold weather has prevented us from going out. It's just too freaking cold!
The weather though, has been really horrible. It was projected to snow this weekend, something I am crossing my finger wont' happen! I'll just be sensible though next week and put on my scarf, my coat and my gloves. But not the woolly hat, that would just be too much don't you think? :-P (plus, I think I will look ridiculous!).I also had a nice conversation with a classmate yesterday. He told me that the rest thought I was 'precise' and 'analytical' and he also mentioned "we were worried that you thought we were a disorganized bunch of clowns!". Wasn't that the nicest thing to say? He he he he. I didn't expect that though. I guess sometimes our perceptions for other people can be totally the opposite of what we are thinking. I am sure they thought I was also quiet and proper, which I am totally not! He he he. As I am gradually getting to know my classmates, I am also shedding some of my stereotype that I might have had. :-)
This weekend though I don't want to think about school, I just wanted to relax. Aside from watching some trashy telly (yeay reality TV!), Joey took us to a Lowe's (something like Home Depot) and we got some house plants and other house stuff. The apartment looks really cozy now, especially the living room. We also got some new curtains to put over the blinds, but the stick that was supposed to hold up the curtains was too long so we have to buy another one. Other than that, me and Sad has been meaning to watch the Vampire's Assistant soon, but the cold weather has prevented us from going out. It's just too freaking cold!
Meanwhile, I had the nicest e-mail this week. I contacted an old teacher in my uni day, the one who taught me "Introduction to Mass Communication". I shan't mention him here (you never know who will read your blog with the power of Google!) but to me, he WAS THE BEST EVER. It was him who made me major in Communication, and he just had so much passion in it. I was glad to get a reply from him because I really wanted to tell him how grateful I was that I had the chance to study with him.
I'm stopping my rambling here. I have me some cekodok to fry! Take care guys, and have a good weekend. I know I am going to. :-)
Jotted by,












0 rejoinders:
Post a Comment