This and that
Semester is nearly over. I now breathe a sigh of relief. We just have another three weeks to go before this semester officially ends. And I'm just taking 4 credits only for summer. :-) Today, I also had an official program review with the department committee members for graduate program, to look at things you have done and courses you are due to take, and I was pleased that one of the reviewer said "You're doing well in Quantitative class, you should already be able to do small projects and collecting data". Coming from my current Stats guru, that was really nice to hear. The committee also told me that I am well on progress, and should be able to finish in four years. I am glad that I am on the right track and that I should be able to finish on time. Yeay for me!
* * *
It's now spring in Kent. I just love the weather now. We had a couple of hot days last week, and just short bouts of rain so it reminded me of the Malaysian weather. The cherry blossoms are also blooming (refer to pic) so when taking a slow walk to school, I felt really breath-taken with the view. Hopefully, summer won't be too hot. Looks like spring is my favorite season!
***
Did I mention that we had a new set of wheels? Tapi procedure nak legalize status tu payah betul! Don't be disillusioned. Bureaucracy is everywhere! Nak tukar nama secara sah, kene buat bende berikut:
a. Get Ohio driving license (written and practical test). Tapi yang best kat sini boleh pakai kereta auto (tak yah pakai kancil manual :-P) and lagi bagus pakai kereta sendiri.
b. E-check. Tu macam puspakom lah. tapi tak susah sangat, Alhamdulillah lepas
c. Dapat hard plate (license plate) permanent. Ini perlukan dokumen title; to say that the dealer has officially changed the owner of the car to your name. This is the hard part. It seems to take ages, and the dealer keep on giving excuses. Hope to get it by next week.
Since I am ostensibly busy with school work (dan jugak malas nak drive! ha ha ha ha ha) I let Sad handle everything. :-P Thank goodness he is a very good driver, and is handy with car repairs. Save duit sikit!
***
The cat is missing. Has been for one week. My guess is that one of our neighbors dropped her off to the pound, or somebody adopted her. :-( I am sad but its better for her because she will get better care with either of the two options.
***
There was a very strange note left outside our door. Somebody was looking for a guy named "Justin" and "Justin" was asked to call the person, and receive some documents before it becomes a "warrant situation". I was worried for a bit, but there were no more notes this week slipped under our door. Wrong house, maybe? Harap2 takde encik polis tiba2 muncul depan rumah ye! In the meantime, I've been calling Sad "Justin", much to his annoyance. Ha ha ha ha ha.
Guess this would be it for now. The weekend's coming so I'm going to enjoy myself! :-)
Jotted by,













4 rejoinders:
did i read you right? bole gi driving test pakai keta sendiri? best gile! ;) sini in dubai it's not d steps that's difficult tp mmg dubai notoriously infamous for failing d students suka2 hati. taking tests 3-4times before finally passing is normal, and it's NOT cheap!
glad for this update, n the pict look gorgeous! enjoy d season! :)
So, you'll be there with Mr Justin for the next 4 years? Lamanyaaaa, if duit turun dari langit, bleh gak gi jalan2 US and tumpang duduk rumah Mr and Mrs Justin hahaha. BTW, cantik sgt picture atas tu.
Syigim: yes, you read me right. :-) best kan kalau pegi test guna kereta sendiri. Skrg kitaorang pakai international driving license dulu. Kiss your latest addition for me, he's so precious!
Kak Amy: Yup, at least four years. Nak cuba at least habiskan proposal and exam, the rest boleh cuba buat kat malaysia. Wah, kecil tapak tangan, nyiru kami tadahkan. Saya dan encik justin sedia menerima kunjungan kak amy dan abang zul bila2 pun. :-)
Post a Comment