Stuck in a rut

This is my daily path to school. One of those perfect Autumn days. (P.S: Gambar ini tidak kene mengena dgn post dibawah :-P he he he)
These last few days I've been so lazy!!
There are a ton of things I can do, but I am not doing it. Instead, I am just relaxing, taking my time and watching a lot of telly. Plus, I ordered two new crime fiction book from Amazon, and I actually finished the first book in just three days! (about 670 pages!). I will try to review it later, but seeing that I am very lazy that might not get done in the near future. :-P
On Tuesday, I had taped a teaching session for our teaching video critique. It went alright, I think. The instructor in the class was nice enough to shift her schedule to accommodate me so I could not spoil it as I only had one chance. I was so lucky to have Sad with me to kindly video-tape the session for me, and I must say his presence sort of calmed me down. Thank you, sayang! I really have the best husband ever! :-)
I was antsy because I have not taught in a while, and I was wondering if the change in audience demographic will make any difference. In a way, it was still the same. I had to tailor my examples to American examples, but the students seemed to understand me just fine. There were a few questions, and they look interested enough in what I was saying. We'll see how it goes. The teaching class is really loaded with assignments so if I mess up one assignment, I still have other avenues to make up for it.
After the assignment, we went to see a movie, Zombieland. It was one of those really indulgent movies that you watch that don't require any thinking! But it's a lot of blood and gore, with bodies parts being yanked out so you might want to leave your toddlers out if you want to give it a go. All in all, both of us are still waiting for the premier of "Vampire's assistant" next week. We are so lucky that the cinema is actually just minutes away from our apartment, within walking distance. Sweet!
After that though, I still have this nagging feeling that I still can't shake. It's actually been there after the mid-term. I feel a bit sluggish, demotivated and slightly depressed. I don't know why. There are still tons of things to do! I also felt guilty for resting on my laurels when I should be doing work, but can't seem to get myself to do something useful. Sigh. One classmate was saying that perhaps we spent so much energy on the mid-term that we have gotten to the stage where we feel entitled to some rest, and not wanting to do much. Maybe. I think so. Let's hope I get out of this funk!
I was antsy because I have not taught in a while, and I was wondering if the change in audience demographic will make any difference. In a way, it was still the same. I had to tailor my examples to American examples, but the students seemed to understand me just fine. There were a few questions, and they look interested enough in what I was saying. We'll see how it goes. The teaching class is really loaded with assignments so if I mess up one assignment, I still have other avenues to make up for it.
After the assignment, we went to see a movie, Zombieland. It was one of those really indulgent movies that you watch that don't require any thinking! But it's a lot of blood and gore, with bodies parts being yanked out so you might want to leave your toddlers out if you want to give it a go. All in all, both of us are still waiting for the premier of "Vampire's assistant" next week. We are so lucky that the cinema is actually just minutes away from our apartment, within walking distance. Sweet!
After that though, I still have this nagging feeling that I still can't shake. It's actually been there after the mid-term. I feel a bit sluggish, demotivated and slightly depressed. I don't know why. There are still tons of things to do! I also felt guilty for resting on my laurels when I should be doing work, but can't seem to get myself to do something useful. Sigh. One classmate was saying that perhaps we spent so much energy on the mid-term that we have gotten to the stage where we feel entitled to some rest, and not wanting to do much. Maybe. I think so. Let's hope I get out of this funk!
Jotted by,












6 rejoinders:
hahaha.. lawak la aisha... what do u expect frm a movie called 'ZOMBIEland' to begin with! i cant even stomach myself to watch even the previews!
eh ko take more picts of d surroundin area la ok? or even the movie theater!
Alah... kitaorang suka tengok movie bodoh2 macam tu. Tapi malam tu I mengigau OK, too many bodies flying around. :-P OK, nanti will take more pictures. My hubby and I are kind of camera shy. Ha ha ha ha.
Sha, making my mark here :). Can I link your blog to mine?
Salam kak Amy...
Sure you can! :-)
weh...aku ni dah xde social life at all....i m forever in the office comatose la jawapnya hidup remaja aku..miss u n the long chats.i need a break.
Mee... ko kene ada social life. Kalau tak nanti burn out. Go get that break!
Post a Comment