Ina & Acu
I taught both of them in 2006. I remember that class vividly because that was my first semester teaching. I was lucky. Being young and 'green' I never felt bullied by that class. They were polite, hardworking and a joy to teach.
Acu caught my attention first. She was the sort of person who was funny 'accidentally'. She did not mean to make jokes but every time she opened her mouth, the class would immediately crack up. He he he he. Ina was the quieter version of Acu. But both of them were nice kids, I remembered.
In their final year, they did their practical in a local news agency. That's when we got close because Acu wanted to write a story on me. We met up for dinner (the three of us) and it got into a habit. Other students wonder why we are close. To me, it's pretty simple. They were the types of students who were sincere, and did not use their friendship with me to ask for something else in return. You rarely see them in my room trying to curry favours and if we did meet up in the canteen they did not expect me to sit down with them just for the sake of being seen with a lecturer. And with them, I can really let my hair down and be relaxed because I know that they are genuinely sincere people.
As time went by, we would meet up occasionally at least once a week. In the process, I've had the opportunity of getting to know them as individuals, not just the two really sweet girls who were my former students. I am sure they've seen sides of me as a person, not just as their former lecturer. It has definitely been a priceless and wonderful experience.
Now they are embarking on a new and challenging journey as young working adults, and leaving the comforting halls of the university. I wish both of you the very best, and I know that you will do well. I also treasure the times that we spent together, and will definitely miss both of you. Do keep in touch, OK?
There will always be a special place in my heart for both of you. :-)
Jotted by,
Acu caught my attention first. She was the sort of person who was funny 'accidentally'. She did not mean to make jokes but every time she opened her mouth, the class would immediately crack up. He he he he. Ina was the quieter version of Acu. But both of them were nice kids, I remembered.
In their final year, they did their practical in a local news agency. That's when we got close because Acu wanted to write a story on me. We met up for dinner (the three of us) and it got into a habit. Other students wonder why we are close. To me, it's pretty simple. They were the types of students who were sincere, and did not use their friendship with me to ask for something else in return. You rarely see them in my room trying to curry favours and if we did meet up in the canteen they did not expect me to sit down with them just for the sake of being seen with a lecturer. And with them, I can really let my hair down and be relaxed because I know that they are genuinely sincere people.
As time went by, we would meet up occasionally at least once a week. In the process, I've had the opportunity of getting to know them as individuals, not just the two really sweet girls who were my former students. I am sure they've seen sides of me as a person, not just as their former lecturer. It has definitely been a priceless and wonderful experience.
Now they are embarking on a new and challenging journey as young working adults, and leaving the comforting halls of the university. I wish both of you the very best, and I know that you will do well. I also treasure the times that we spent together, and will definitely miss both of you. Do keep in touch, OK?
There will always be a special place in my heart for both of you. :-)
Jotted by,












2 rejoinders:
uhhhhhhh mdm...nk menitis air mata sy ni yg dh berkaca2 ni....i'll never forget u........jom tgk wayang dh addicted ni....sy blanja mdm...huhu...-acu.xder blog terpaksalh mengenalkn dri ini hihi
salam dearest acu. I will never forget you and ina too. Lets go watch a movie bila awak dah settle down and start kerja. Jgn AA merajuk sudah ler... he he he. Best of luck for the interview. Let me know how it goes.....
Post a Comment