Quick updates
![]() |
| Picture courtesy of Shabby Blogs |
This is the first week that I've had a bit of a breather. I think last week was the most hectic (1 annotated bibliography assignment, 1 statistics homework & 2 presentation in two days!) so the worst is over. Since I have a bit of time, here's some short updates during this never ending winter:
- This semester is my second last for coursework, and I've yet to narrow my topic down but hopefully that will happen soon. This semester is a bit more difficult than the last but I think I'm doing OK (so far)
- Winter this year is colder than last year; twice we've had bad snow storms and classes had to be canceled. Since I have three classes in two days, I've had some work postponed. Which was only nice during the snow storm, and you're left scurrying like a mad rabbit to catch up with the mountain of work piled up after the delay!
- A couple of good movies are out on Time Warner cable; I'm really looking forward to watching King's Speech, The Kids Are Alright and Black Swan. The Oscars is on tomorrow, can't wait to watch that too!
- Toby has to go to the vet on Monday. We decided to neuter him before he starts peeing on the wall. The vet says he has to fast the night before so no cat food or drink! I hope he doesn't bite or scream, he's been rather naughty lately and getting more cautious with strangers. They will tranquilize him so it's not so bad. Will blog about it later when rajin!
- There's been several robbery (and attempted robbery) lately around campus so I've been more careful not to be in campus at night unless necessary. The problem with having rather lax rules on guns etc is that you've got these half baked people willing to wave it around (and do more) for a buck or two! At least we are still safer than Akron... Two gang kids opened fire at a frat party (?) last month and killed a couple of people. My classmate happened to be an instructor in Akron U, and she said the reason for the fight was trivial. They were not students there and decided to gate crash the party; when asked to leave, they got pissed off and opened fire. It's sad really...
Jotted by,













0 rejoinders:
Post a Comment