• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

Sigh...

Credit: This website
Pernah tak datang mood yang semuanya serba tak kena? Angkat tangan sape yang pernah mengalami situasi macam ni! I'm really having one of those horrible week where you have a sinking feeling that everything will go wrong, and when it surely will, it will go wrong spectacularly!

It started last week, actually. I did horribly for my mid-term last week. I am sure of it (but I figure I'm not the only one; a couple of people left really early, with frowning faces and others were actually sighing during the mid-term!). Plus, my homework also went all wrong. Stats is so difficult to understand, especially if it's not structured. It gets very frustrating when you can't figure out why this figure is this much, and how did it come about.  Of course, the instructor won't help because it-so-obvious-even-an-ignoramus can figure it out! Thing were bearable up till a couple of weeks ago, and this week's assignment is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and you have very little information on what needs to be done! Sigh. 

I have to get a copy of this book below! Yes, I know it's ironic. My program is very quantitative. My background is also,  very quantitative (which is supposedly an advantage). But truth be told, it doesn't really help. He he he he he. I have a feeling a  really trashy chick lit, or a huge bowl of Dairy Queen would be about right at the moment. What do you guys do when stressed?
 
There's no 'think' for me. I do hate it, and hate it intensely most of the time!

Jotted by,

4 rejoinders:

-diana-,  October 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM   Reply To This Comment

Salam Aisya,
The following statistics books have provided tremendous solace and guidance for me. I would probably have gone mad without these resources. Perhaps they might be useful for you too.

Field, A. (2009). Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series). Sage Publications Ltd.

Ho, R. (2006). Handbook of Univariate and Multivariate Data Analysis and Interpretation with SPSS. Chapman and Hall/CRC.

Tabachnick & Fidell’s “Using Multivariate Statistics” is somewhat complicated but maybe useful if you know syntax.

If you are using (or plan to use) SEM, I can recommend several books too.

Take dear and nice to chance upon your blog!
K. Diana (Psyc)

Silent Scribbler,  October 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM   Reply To This Comment

Salam Kak Diana... Thank you for the recommendation! It's very kind of you. I have the Field book, but have not used the the last two. Will check it out! :-) Yes, in the future I will probably be using SEM. There will be a summer workshop on it, and I am expected to attend. :-P Will appreciate any tip from you! You take care too. It's always nice to hear from colleagues who are in the same boat...

emee,  October 28, 2010 at 1:23 AM  
Reply To This Comment

Esah,

it is only but a passing moment...everything will be ok soon

Silent Scribbler,  October 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM   Reply To This Comment

Hey Emee... yes, I hope so! Thank you dear.

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital