TV is just not my thing!
Today, I was interviewed with my colleague on the TV2 daily talk show, "Hello on Two" regarding our department's conference. Actually I didn't want to go (seeing as I am very much allergic to attention, spotlights, lighting and extra make up) but since no one else was available (actually I had class but I don't count!!!) I had to go. Luckily, someone else came with me too.
I arrived very grumpy today due to lack of sleep because I had a briefing last night with the kids to delegate tasks which finished around 10pm and this morning I had to leave so early at 6.30 am. I was wondering why they asked us to come so early (the show started at 8.20 am), but it turns out that we had to be 'touched up' a bit upon arrival. The make up artist was also a bit churlish since we arrived late (KL traffic!) and that didn't improve my temper as she poked and prodded at my face. Eeek! I hated the amount of gunk they put on my face but unfortunately it had to be done to ensure you don't look discolored on TV! He he he he.
Anyway, it went OK lah although I really didn't enjoy it. I just don't feel comfortable in front of the camera. But I thought the two hosts were very cordial and relax and they tried their best to make it look natural. They didn't really follow the outline of questions given to them; and some of the questions they asked were not to my expectation. I suppose as TV journalist they have to put a 'spin' to the story. One of them later on apologized to me for appearing like a 'devil's advocate'.
All in all, it was over in 15 minutes and I was left wondering: wow, all that trouble and that's it. I hope the TV helped promote our conference a bit, but I am not sure how effective it will be seeing that we are approaching the date of the conference in less than a week. And yeah, I can now say with complete finality on that issue: TV is just not my thing! Heh.
I arrived very grumpy today due to lack of sleep because I had a briefing last night with the kids to delegate tasks which finished around 10pm and this morning I had to leave so early at 6.30 am. I was wondering why they asked us to come so early (the show started at 8.20 am), but it turns out that we had to be 'touched up' a bit upon arrival. The make up artist was also a bit churlish since we arrived late (KL traffic!) and that didn't improve my temper as she poked and prodded at my face. Eeek! I hated the amount of gunk they put on my face but unfortunately it had to be done to ensure you don't look discolored on TV! He he he he.
Anyway, it went OK lah although I really didn't enjoy it. I just don't feel comfortable in front of the camera. But I thought the two hosts were very cordial and relax and they tried their best to make it look natural. They didn't really follow the outline of questions given to them; and some of the questions they asked were not to my expectation. I suppose as TV journalist they have to put a 'spin' to the story. One of them later on apologized to me for appearing like a 'devil's advocate'.
All in all, it was over in 15 minutes and I was left wondering: wow, all that trouble and that's it. I hope the TV helped promote our conference a bit, but I am not sure how effective it will be seeing that we are approaching the date of the conference in less than a week. And yeah, I can now say with complete finality on that issue: TV is just not my thing! Heh.












8 rejoinders:
yes yes.. we watched you this morning :D (lps dpt sms from mama hi hi). anas cakap "eh! aunty aisha la mamaaaa. where is aunty ira? tokku? lepas ni aunty aisha balik rumah mama tok tak mama?" duh!
Alamak... mama kasitau akak ke? malunye! He he he he. Anas lawak lah... dia dah kuat main skrg. Mesti manja dgn kak na sebab dah nak dapat adik... :-)
mdm, bila?awt xhabaq pun,hihi.kitorg kan ada tv hitam putih kt bilik..=)
conference kt pwtc yg kitorg terpaksa pg tu ker mdm??
adoi, budak2 HR wajib pegi tau..dr saodah dah kasi perintah..
Malas nak habaq sebab tak nak sape2 tau! Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, kalau boleh ikut lah program tu kasi support kat department. :-)
You were on tv, wow...gempak yer....
Well, there is probably two reasons why you were chosen, first, I guess there wasn't any other person in your department that would look good on tv, hence you lah kena pilih. Second, you really deserve it since you are doing all of the work. I think its more to the latter.
Joey: Alah tak gempak pun. I tak kasitau anyone beforehand except for my mum and a few close friends. Malas, and tak nak kasi orang tengok ha ha ha ha. Unfortunately, ada yang ternampak, rats!!! Anyway, I was happy to let Prof. Fazal do all the talking, he certainly didn't mind. :-P
esah, monica said "the camera adds 10 pounds". so, i guess ko nyer make-up must be really heavy.
but remember sister, rules uia kata dont put on heavy make up :P
anyway hello on 2 tu makcik2 surirumahtangga je la yg tgk kan? ko kena appear dalam nona atau majalah 3 pas ni huhu
W@ni: Aku rasa heavy sebab boss aku tanya "they really made you up, didn't you have enough time to wash your face?" ha ha ha ha. Aku bukan sengaja, tapi telah dibedakkan dgn tidak rela oleh make up artist RTM2, so uia ruling does not apply. He he he he he he.
Post a Comment