• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

Got tagged again: Jom Berkenalan

You got that right!
This is a tag from Syigim, as usual. He he he he. Enjoy!

Apakah status anda?
1. Second out of five kids in the family, with the youngest still in primary school, and the oldest is 33!
2. A relatively young wife, who is still learning the ropes... he he he he
3. A dedicated lecturer who struggles hard to balance my personal and working life; after almost a year deactivating my Facebook account, it's still a topic of discussion among my students! Sigh.
4. An easily demotivated PhD student who sometimes wonder if furthering my studies was the right decision or not!

Ceritakan tentang diri anda (ini macam buat ‘my personality’ dalam buku biodata kawan-kawan masa zaman sekolah! hihi)
1. Asal :Always a PJ kid!
2. Pekerjaan: Refer to the previous section
3. Cita-cita: Journalist; got to the interview part and decided not to take the job. I think it was a good decision, considering things.
4. Hobi: Blogging (duh!), reading crime novels (when I'm free), watching movies & TV (to those who say that you are too busy and NEVER have time to do this because you are doing PhD, either (a) you are delusional, (b) you're trying to act superior in front of others ha ha ha (c) you are honestly, really, really hardworking and have exceptional self discipline skills. Any tips?

Ceritakan tentang blog anda:
I would say my blogging forays have several phases. First phase: As a newbie, I used to write whatever I wanted and cared little about how my blog looked like and who read it. Second phase: My students found out and suddenly I had to censor myself! Third phase: While doing my PhD I realized that it's my blog, I can write anything I want but still it's good to be cautious because when it comes to certain things, only your nearest and dearest ones should be privy to it. Right now, my blog is a really good place to vent when I want to relax, and certainly I spend a lot of time changing how it looks and learning hacks because it really relaxes me and I like the challenge of figuring things I don't know.

Apa pandangan anda tentang dunia blog?: 
Blogging is fun, when you get to say what you want and comment on any topic under the sun. Blogging is social because you get to meet people you don't know and reconnect with old friends through it. Blogging is creative for those who enjoy changing the templates or testing their writing skills. Blogging is cathartic because it allows you to vent about any emotional roller coaster currently invading your life. Blogging is reflective because you can sift through current events happening around the world and contribute your two cents on it. (although I rarely do this ha ha ha ha). Blogging is also exhaustive because you have to constantly update it  (or else people will stop visiting) and think of what to say and write. Finally, blogging can be dangerous if the wrong people read what you say, and start to speculate on what it means although it may not have anything at all to do with them (Oh, the burden of being a popular blogger!). Nevertheless, in the blogging world, there is always something in it for everyone, no matter who you are.

Nasihat anda kepada rakan-rakan yang baru nak buat blog: 
Use a pseudonym if the topics you blog about are too private, or make a post private if it's content are too sensitive. And don't blog negative things about your boss or your company, eh so unprofessional lah...Contact HR if you are not satisfied! And if you think they won't find out, I won't bet on it because nothing is private on the Internet! Finally, to girls who are constantly cam-whoring or gay Muslims who enjoy posting sexy pictures of themselves in their personal blogs, carilah cara2 lain untuk popular. Cheap publicity is still publicity is not a good adage!


Nyatakan keunikan yang terdapat pada blog anda:
Hmm... I don't think it's unique in any way, personal blogs are by far the most ubiquitous type of blogs.. but what I do like about my blog is that I get to practice my writing skills. Tak dapat jadi journalist pun takpelah jadi penulis blog tak terkenal pun dah OK ha ha ha

Sampai bilakah anda akan menulis blog dan impian anda dalam dunia blog:
Whenever I have the chance, and the opportunity. I'd especially like to keep it  intact and I would often reread my entries about my PhD journey, just to remind myself that there is light at the end of the tunnel! and yes, it's nice to read and reflect on the progression in my life: dari student, pekerja, orang bujang, isteri orang... and hopefully in the future, Insya-Allah someday, mak orang! 

Akhir sekali, kena tag org yang anda nak kenal sangat:
1. Orang2 yang pemalas update: Junida, Kak Amy, Ziah, Kak Hana & Kak Lisa. Rajin2 lah update OK!
2. Whoever else is reading this, and feels like doing this, feel free!

Jotted by,

2 rejoinders:

Syigim,  December 31, 2010 at 3:07 PM   Reply To This Comment

i like the 'blog phase' part tu. to me my first blogging phase is blog syok sendiri hahahahaha... bit by bit we will start discovering our place in the world wide web kan, instead of being so self-absorbed..

enjoyed reading this :)

Silent Scribbler,  January 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM   Reply To This Comment

Syigim: Glad you enjoyed reading! Betul OK the first phase tu banyak syok sendiri. Masa tu bantai je nak tulih apa, and don't care who read it. I am more careful now... he he he.

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital