• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

Today's tale

Today I dropped by the cafe at the student center to buy lunch. The crowd was long (I think there was a conference going on) and only two food stalls were open. As I got my order and waited for my egg and cheese bagel, I saw a blind man behind me queuing up for food. The cashier patiently waited for him to finish his order, even though the lady behind him was impatiently tapping her foot. She also chatted with him  in a friendly manner while taking his order.  Her graciousness astounded me. Kadang2, orang bukan Islam yang lebih praktik nilai2 Islam dari orang Islam sendiri!

When my order was up, she called my name,  so I got up to the counter, but not before having the blind man extend his hand, say my name cheerfully (and pronouncing it perfectly, too!) and remarked , with a huge smile on his face: "I believe we've not met before, it's nice to meet you!". I later saw him stumbling out of the  cafe exit, feeling the ground carefully with his stick. He still had a huge smile on his face.  It humbled me. Sometimes those who are less fortunate are the ones who are infinitely, more grateful...

Jotted by,

2 rejoinders:

Syigim,  May 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM   Reply To This Comment

a touching tale! :) thanks for sharing...

Silent Scribbler,  May 27, 2010 at 9:19 PM   Reply To This Comment

Hey dear... you're welcome. I want to remind myself to be more grateful for my blessings....

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital