• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

Goodbye '09 and hello '10!

Goodbye '09
Wow... I can't believe that this year is nearly ending. I think this year has been one of the most hectic but happiest year of my life. Here's a few reasons why:

10th of May, 2009

a. I am now a Mrs!
After three years together, I finally tied the knot with the best man I know. We've been through a lot, and there were times where I thought we were not going to make it but Allah knows best why things are the way there are. And I can say with conviction that even though there maybe more adventures ahead, I couldn't have gotten a better mate! To dearest hubby, I love you so much! :-)

Oh, how I miss him! :-)

Oh well... Betty is always here to cheer us up! :-P

b. And away we go....
One of my other dreams have also been realized in '09, which if you have been following my blog you would know... :-P I've always wanted to do my PhD overseas seeing as my Bachelor's degree and my Masters was done locally. I am just beginning my journey but have come to realize a few important things. The most difficult is not adjusting academically, but it is to survive being far away from home and being in a strange land. And you know what? Family is never something that you can substitute!
c. Grow much?
I think I've changed this year, and in a good way. I've learned to be more assertive, and I've learned to drop people who I think don't matter. Job wise, I think I've become less naive, and better at dealing with office politics. I've also picked up some wifely skills that I never thought I would enjoy: cooking! So if there's hope for me, there's hope for everyone out there! He he he he.

Hello '10
I'd like to say that I have a solid new year resolution, but I really don't. I don't believe in it. I tend to set impossibly high standards and then berate myself for not achieving it. So lets just say I will weather the storm as they come and will try my best. :-) Specific things though that I would like to wish for in the coming new year:
a. Mastering that PhD journey
I would like to start another blog to document my PhD journey. At the moment, I am toying with the idea of using my old blog, which I loved the template and the beautiful header, thanks to this lovely lady!. I think documenting my journey would be a very useful thing; I could jot down ideas for proposals etc. More importantly, by documenting my journey, once I finish I can see that even though it has been hard, I managed to get through it. I'd also like to get involved more in class; I think I've largely focused on being adjusted this year. Next year I'd like to maybe get to know my instructors more (research line wise) and maybe approach one or two whom I would like to learn more from. It is a bit early, but wouldn't it be nice to actually present a paper in the future in NCA?
b. Being a better wife
Well, this is rather abstract but I would like to try to be a better spouse to my husband. He's been such a wonderful support system to me that I would like to give back that and so much more to him. Good luck for your GRE and TOEFL yang, I know you can do it! :-)
c. Pitter patter of little feet
Ah, wouldn't this be nice? :-)
d. Coming from you, it's: "Snarky + Sarcastic = Snarkastic!" and I don't effing care!
I tend to care too much about what people think. I let snarky comments from people affect me, especially from people that really don't matter in my life. So personally, in 2010 I'd like to do the worrying less and taking stock of comments ONLY from people who matter.

p.s: Looking at my list, it doesn't look that hard to do! He he he he.

Happy New Year, readers and friends! Thanks for reading this rather rambling post, and for continuing to read my nonsense! What are your new year resolutions?

Jotted by,


0 rejoinders:

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital