• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

The big 3-0!


The birthday cream cake and the candle


The birthday girls

The restaurant; to signal opening hours they usually beat a gong

Yesterday, I celebrated my first birthday in Kent. It was appropriate too, as I just finished my exam.

It was a good day! Sad and me went to have lunch at Yellow Tail, a sushi place in Fairlawn. It felt so good to have so many food choices when dining out. And owh, for USD10 buffet, it's kind on the pockets, too! The food was great; for those who don't like sushi they also had other options, tempura of different kinds, yellow noodles (which I don't know the name). The service was also OK, and the waiter was pretty friendly. We let slip that it was our birthdays, and the waitress and two others came out with two small cream cake with candles, got us to blow the candles, sang us happy birthday (in Japanese) and gave us a gong to hit as a sign of good luck! Wasn't that great? I feel so special! (even better if they gave us lunch for free ha ha ha ha). :-)

This year my birthday is particularly meaningful. I got married to a wonderful man, and started my PhD program in the US, which is something I've worked so hard for. It gets lonely here at times, and I really miss my family. Unlike my peers who may already be starting their own families, buying their own house etc, I may not have much... but it's MORE than enough for me. :-) Enjoy the pictures uploaded here, (sorry, no pictures of sushi I was too busy eating!) and have a good weekend, people!

Jotted by,

7 rejoinders:

Unknown,  December 18, 2009 at 10:23 PM   Reply To This Comment

Happy Bday madam!! I wish U all the best always~
I'm sorry I couldnt reach you through facebook and Y!m, my facebook account has been deactivated since 3 days ago, and I cant access my y!m. :(
Once again, Happy bday, all wishes come true :) :)

Silent Scribbler,  December 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM   Reply To This Comment

Owh, how come your Facebook is activated? No wonder I haven't seen your update in the past day or two. E-mail them back to reactivate; I had to do that for my brother's account, and it worked.

Thanks for the wishes ya? We'll talk soon. :-)

Syigim,  December 19, 2009 at 1:57 AM   Reply To This Comment

ko br je turn 30?! hihi. happy bday dear aisha. great to know ur countin ur blessings instead of sulking on things yet to be achieved.

have a great year! :)

Max J. Potter,  December 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM   Reply To This Comment

ok, first, i like your layout. second, i like your writing. =)

will definitely come again~!

Silent Scribbler,  December 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM   Reply To This Comment

Syigim: Thanks dear. I am always grateful for what I have, especially for the wonderful man that I married. :-)

Max: Thanks for the compliment. Sure, come again anytime to read my nonsense. :-)

Unknown,  December 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM   Reply To This Comment

No madam, I deactivated it myself. I have been in the love-hate relationship with facebook lately. Once I logged in, it was very hard to close the tab. I find it hard to manage my time to read newspaper or books, maybe all I need is just better self-control, hehe
Anyway, I'll activate it next year, which only 2 weeks from now..:P
Yup, talk to you soon :)

Silent Scribbler,  December 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM   Reply To This Comment

Princess: Owh i cee... so it's a method of self-discipline. Good for you! ;-) BTW, you never did tell me how it went with the 'professor' you were going to see. hope it went well. Take care yeah. We'll catch up!

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital