• This is the first time she appeared on our door step. We took her in because for the most part, she was an easy pet to take care off.
  • This is supposed to be for those who are not married, but I am answering the tags as a person who have had (mostly) a dream wedding
  • Today, we had a really, really nice day. :-) Hubby, me, my classmate Yan and her room-mate, Hong Li took a trip to Cleveland Zoo.
  • Semester is nearly over...

A new life journey begins...

A picture by our photographer. Sorry kak, kami memang tak pandai bergaya! :-P

Align CenterAfter the akad. Look at hubby's relieved expression! He he he. Yang, jangan marah na...

At the bridal table


With some colleagues and friends


During the akad, after merenjis. Together at last. :-)


With my kids, and my mentor, Dr. S. :-P


Note: This post is specially dedicated to my friends who live in far, far away land such as Mrs. Curmudgeon, Tengku Marini, & Mrs. Khairul who could not be there for my wedding due to 'location problems'. Also dedicated to my colleagues who are on their PhD journey overseas, and whose presence I sorely missed during my wedding, such as Kak Aini, Kak Zeti, Shafizan, Joey Rizal, Mimi Iznita & Bro. Harris. Finally, also dedicated to Wani, who could not make it at the eleventh hour due to family commitments, but nevertheless have been very supportive. :-)

I got married last week on May 10th, 2009. The
akad nikah was held in Villa Felda that morning, followed by sarung cincin, merenjis ceremony and a bit of photography session. The reception started on the same day at 12.00 until 4.00 pm.

I just want to thank everyone who made the effort to be there for me, including my relatives, my friends, my students and my colleagues.

I also want to thank my family for doing so much for me, I could not have had such a beautiful ceremony if not for their time, effort and painstaking labor. Especially to my parents, for sponsoring the event and for their constant support. Especially to my siblings, Abang, Adib, Ira, little Naim and Kak Hana for being there every step of the way. Finally, to my aunts and uncles, and my cousins (including this particular cousin he he he he ;-)) for ensuring that the event went smoothly. Alhamdulillah everything went well and there were very few minor glitches.

A lot of people have asked me how I felt and how things are. To be honest, I had no idea that I would feel this peaceful and this contented. My husband is a gift to me; this responsible, funny and sweet man I am going to be with for the rest of my life and I am so happy that he is my
jodoh. I look forward to this new chapter in my life and hope that everyone will pray for our happiness.

And what is a wedding without some pictures? Here are some memorable ones, just for those I dedicated this post for. ;-)

Jotted by,


11 rejoinders:

zai,  May 14, 2009 at 3:39 AM  
Reply To This Comment

esah dh kaweennnnnnn!!!!

Syigim,  May 14, 2009 at 4:24 AM   Reply To This Comment

guess the happiness is more than words, eh? daymn i'm always a sucker for happy endings!! like when you mention "peaceful & contented" and he's "a gift to you".. tissue plz!

:`)

Marini,  May 14, 2009 at 5:01 AM   Reply To This Comment

WAhhh..both of u looked so happy..yes at last u have made it ash..surely so happy to both of u, can't wait to experience it on my own...heheheh....u look very pretty in the pics, dear..congrats to both of u yah..hopefully will last until forever, amiiinnnn......

Harris Shah Abd Hamid,  May 14, 2009 at 5:18 AM   Reply To This Comment

Congratulations. May you complement and strengthen each other in the best possible manner.

Silent Scribbler,  May 14, 2009 at 6:50 AM   Reply To This Comment

Zai: Wished you were here, though. :-P Thanks for all the tip before my do.

Mrs Khairul: Ditto, I couldn't have said it better. He he he. We are a bunch of sops, aren't we? :-P

Ni: Thanks ya dear. Sy doain kamu bakal nyusul. Insya-allah kalo kita jadi honeymoon di Indo, kita wajib ketemuan yah...

Bro Harris: Thanks! :-)

w@Ni,  May 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Reply To This Comment

Esah, wish i was there...

Anyway, comel sesangat korang berdua :) I love the outfit! Spt yg ku lihat dlm mms, mmg menyerlah gitu. Nanti nak tgk yg belah Kedah plak.

And pls tell sad, i dont buy that edward
"blends well" with him :P

Unknown,  May 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM   Reply To This Comment

Congratulations, mmg look like king and queen. I wish you a happy life together forever...

jiah,  May 17, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Reply To This Comment

Congrats to both of you! Semoga berkekalan sehingga ke akhir hayat... Wish I was there too...

Anonymous,  May 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Reply To This Comment

congratulations!
welcome to the 'puan-puan' club! :)

-junida

Silent Scribbler,  May 19, 2009 at 3:21 AM   Reply To This Comment

Wani: Nanti aku post gambar belah kedah. Err... are you free to check the Internet now? He he he h eh.

Jiah & Joey: Thanks! Wish you guys were there too.

Junida: Thanks for the wish, and welcome to my blog. Mana tau jumpa kat airport lagi masa raya. He he he he.

Anonymous,  June 2, 2009 at 4:58 AM  
Reply To This Comment

hihi... insyaAllah. aih, thn pertama ni tak beraya kat kg somi ke?
btw, jmput to my blog, in case you are in need of bhn bacaan 'ilmiah'. haha.

Post a Comment

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The cat

PitaPata Cat tickers

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital